Sunday, August 21, 2011

Miscarriage and Me

I just read a friend's blog post that described the reality of her reaction to finding out she was pregnant.  She posted this literally days before she gave birth to her daughter.  As I read it, I started thinking back on my own experience with pregnancy and I am finding that I'm absolutely floored by the emotions I'm feeling.  My memories of pregnancy aren't particularly fond.  I remember the excitement that surrounded everything when we found out about Baby A (we never got to the naming process).  I wanted to tell everyone.  We were bursting at the seams with anticipation.  And then I remember the fear.  When I realized for the first time that we were losing Baby A and that I could do absolutely nothing about it, I lost it.  No one talks about miscarriages, because they are too terrible to mention.  The physical pain is excruciating.  The complete lack of control is terrifying.  The hours and days spent waiting for the inevitable breaks you.  Your allowed time to rest and heal and then given a hope that you'll be fine the next go round.  Baby B rolled around 4 months after we lost Baby A.  Ryan and I were optimistic, but cautious.  We told only the necessary people that we were expecting.  Losing Baby B is a blur.  We were still numb, and honestly, I was expecting it to happen.  Baby A and Baby B will always hold a special place in my heart. Through all the pain and complete lack of understanding, we've slowly started to see why God chose this path for US.     This is why:


1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. I have never had to face that devastation, but knowing so many who have, my heart aches for your loss and I truly celebrate the miracle that you finally have in your daughter. Still so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Got a question? Perhaps some advice? Please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get!