Monday, January 17, 2011

The Nursery

The nursery is coming along nicely.  When we decided to adopt, we had a difficult choice of whether we wanted to specify if we wanted a boy or a girl.  After some prayer and thought we realized that we wouldn't have this choice if we were to actually be having a baby.  Since we are leaving gender up to God, we obviously needed to have a gender neutral nursery. 
If you've ever been in our house, you know that I'm not really a fan of tans or browns.  So our nursery is grey with bright yellow and torquoise accents.  My mother is custom making all of our crib bedding and curtains.  The only thing we are lacking as of now is an actual mattress and the comforter. 
Take a look at how its coming along below:

Maddox wishing this room was for him..... silly boy.

These are the fantastic curtains my mother made. LOVE THEM.


A couple of baskets to hold diapers, etc along with a picture I painted after we had our first miscarriage.  The verse on it reads "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."  We thought it was appropriate to put this painting in the nursery for our baby-to-be since we know now that God's plan for the miscarriages was that we would open our home to an adopted child.  He knew all along.
Crib with now mattress. It does, however, have a crib skirt and a handmade (by me!) quilt.  Yes, it is a baby divided, Auburn/Carolina blanket.  I can't wait for my mom to finish the actual comforter that matches the room.  Still pondering what to put between the two pics above the crib.  Perhaps a first initial after we find out if it is a girl or boy.

1 comment:

Got a question? Perhaps some advice? Please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get!