Friday, March 4, 2011

And Now We Wait......and Scramble for Money

We officially completed our homestudy on February 22!  Hooray for us!  I then spent another week trying to get copies of our adoption portfolio printed and at our agency's office.  So now.....we wait.  I'm waiting on a lot of things right now.  I keep telling myself over and over again that I need to be patient. 
I'm waiting on:
THE phone call
donations
our tax refund
grants
work to slow down
and the list goes on and on and on.......

As I'm sure you noticed, there are a couple of items on the waiting for list that have to do with monies.  We need monies!  While filling out one of 15 billion grant and loan applications, Ryan and I discovered that we owe our agency 5k.   Right now.  This will be taken care of when we get our tax refund back.  This is a relief knowing that we will have this paid soon.  The scary part for me is knowing that after we send in that 5k, we will be bone dry when it comes to funding for the adoption.  We'll still owe about 12k and we won't be able to take home our future "baby shumpy" (loving term my father refers to our baby as).  So as impatient I am about getting THE call, I'm also terrified that we'll get THE call and we won't have the money to accept.  So I've spent every night this week frantically filling out grant applications, which of course are all like 50 pages and basically want to know everything from my name and how much I ate to what I ate for breakfast.  Now that I officially have arthritis from all the writing, all I can do is keep on keeping on and pray that God will provide.  It isn't often that I really have to rely on God to come through financially, because we honestly dont ever spend this kind of money.  I know he will come through, but I'm horribly bad at sitting still and waiting for him to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question? Perhaps some advice? Please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get!