Friday, December 9, 2011

Scooby Doo

So I'm breaking rank today.  I know this blog is about adoption, but its also about family and life in general.  I talk about Ryan and I talk about precious Layla all the time, but I never talk about the HUGE goofy dog that you see frolicking/bounding around in all the below pictures.  Maddox aka Scooby Doo is as much a part of this family as any of us.  No, he's not human and in the grand scheme of things, really is just a dog, but good grief I love that monster of an animal. 


The crazy thing about dogs is that they do one heck of a job at showing me how God loves us.  Its so hard for me to figure out exactly what God's love for us looks like, because I've never seen it physically shown to me in its fullest by any other human.  I know some of you are going to think I'm nuts for saying this, but dogs do a much better job of showing us how God loves us than people do. 

They are always happy and super excited to see you no matter how long you've been away. 

They are patient and gentle with old folks and kids (at least Maddox is).

They seem to know when you are hurting and won't leave your side.

They protect you when you're in danger, no matter what it costs them.

They love you no matter if you love them in return.


Now if only I could love  others the way this big goofball loves me.......


1 comment:

Got a question? Perhaps some advice? Please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get!