Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bantu Knots and the Best Website EVER

Today is a good day.  I just stumbled upon Chocolate Hair, Vanilla Care.  Today is a really good day. 

Layla's curls have definately gotten more manageable over the last couple of weeks.  I changed it up quite a bit and decided that I just wasn't doing it right.

So now I rely on a couple of awesome products to help me, since I really don't know what I'm doing :)
1. Just for Me 2-in-1 Conditioning Detangler
2. Wide tooth comb
3. Just for Me Curl Smoother Creme
4. A shampoo that I can't remember the name of right this second....
5. Plastic Hair Elastics

Her hair is not as tangled as it used to be and has grown A LOT in the past few months.  I've had to start putting it up in sections because it is too short to hang flat, but too long to not look ridiculous.  I'm kicking myself because I don't have a picture of how I normally put it up. 

Regardless, I found this AMAZING website on how to take care of "chocolate" hair.  She even tells you how to cornrow and put beads in their hair.  PTL!  What I'm really psyched about is the Bantu Knots hair style.  The tutorial is here .  Let's just hope Layla will sit still long enough for me to pull it off!

No worries, I'll upload some pics as soon as I am able.

1 comment:

Got a question? Perhaps some advice? Please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get!