Friday, April 20, 2012

To My Daughter

My little Layla Bean,

You're turning 9 months old on Sunday.  Where has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday that you were trying to roll over by yourself and sit up without toppling over.  Now, you can cover the length of the room in 2 seconds flat.  You can pull goldfish out of a container and eat them all by yourself.  You push a walker and laugh at Diego for the short period of time that Daddy lets you watch TV.  Your constant babble and dorky laugh fill the quietness of our house.  Just the other day, you snuck into one of the bathrooms and decided that the toilet lid was a drum for you to beat on.  You're sassy, loud, and love to be the center of attention.  You've never met a stranger in your life.

I love that you've picked up some of our crazy antics and facial expressions.  Sometimes, I think you have my smile.  We aren't always the best parents, but we try our hardest to make sure you're happy and know that you're loved.  I hope that we're setting a good example for you to follow.  I hope you're able to see how much your dad and I love one another.  I pray that you'll always know how much you mean to us by the time we spend with you and not the gifts we give. 

One day you'll grow up to be a beautiful woman, but for now you're my little Layla Bean with an infectious laugh and a daredevil streak.  Always remember that you were fearfully and wonderfully made by God himself, and you are just right for our family.

We love you.

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question? Perhaps some advice? Please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get!