Friday, January 13, 2012

House Update #2...or is it #3?

A lot has happened on the house front in the past 3 weeks.  Here a brief rundown of what we've been up to:
  • We finished ALL of the unfinished projects in our house!  Yes you heard that correctly.... We even put shoe molding down over all of the tile and wood floors we installed (this has been 3 years in the making).  I'm so proud of Ryan for finishing all of this stuff.  Our house looks NOTHING like the house we originally bought.  Every wall, floor and cabinet has been changed throughout the whole house.  Heck we even added a room...
  • The house is officially on the market.  We've got an open house this Sunday, so please feel free to stop by.  I personally wont be there but our awesome agent Chris will be.  I'm pretty sure he's going to have free pizza too....
  • We AREN'T buying the house I originally showed you.  That house was already built, and the seller decided that they didn't want to put a contingency on it.  I personally didn't feel comfortable putting a contract on a house without a contingency of our house selling.  After all, we aren't made of money and it wouldn't be smart to end up with two house payments, even if our current house was rented out. 

  • We ARE going to build a house in the same neighborhood as the first house I showed.  We love that location and we really like the pool feel of the neighborhood.  The house we are building is a tad bit smaller than the other one, but honestly, I think it fits our needs a little better.  Plus, we get to build on a MUCH nicer, bigger and flatter lot.  This also means that I we get to choose all the finishes and colors.  If this is going to be our "Forever" home, then I guess I should make sure it's everything I want it to be. I'll post pics of the new home when we start building.    Oh yea..... did I mention that we're getting a Double Porch?  (dream come true.....)



    So what do you think?  Love it or Hate it?

4 comments:

  1. I think you'll be really happy in your new house, praying that everything works out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Anna! You guys have worked so hard and been such good stewards! I am amazed and proud! The Lord is doing great things in your lives! I am praying that your house sells fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, did you say pool!?!? Will ya'll be moved in by say...May? :) :) :) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am continually praying for you and the calling that God has for you and your family. Best of luck! --Courtney T.

    ReplyDelete

Got a question? Perhaps some advice? Please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get!